Role: Junior Graphic Designer – Part-Time
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Role Overview: This part-time role reports directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications and works closely with our Marketing Coordinator and Graphic Designer. The Junior Graphic Designer is responsible for the overall layout and design of weekly flyers for all store banners. The includes leading the development and designs for all banner advertisements, signage, and flyers in order to drive freshness, quality, and appetite appeal. This position relies heavily on attention to detail, solid graphic design, production, and print experience.
- Oversee creation of weekly flyers with a focus on creative imaging & Graphics and flyer design.
- Design Value Drug Mart/Apple Drugs flyer as well as Digital flyers for Peoples Pharmacy & mettra Pharmacy.
- Design seasonal catalog.
- Upload flyers to Banner websites.
- Provide design input and concepts that drive quality and appeal to our target audience.
- Build flyers in accordance to banner specific strategies.
- Place images on flyers, posters, and other advertising materials.
- Design Flyer Banner signage.
- Assist in multiple proofs process.
- Solve design problems that crop up during the flyer process.
- Create new flyer templates and structures in accordance with brand standards.
- Proficient use of Creative Suite 5
- One to three years of industry experience
- Portfolio must be shown at the interview.
- Post-secondary diploma in Graphic Design
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet rigid deadlines
- Problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively
Please submit a portfolio or portfolio link with your resume. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
This position can be performed remotely but the candidate must be available for the companies standard working hours.
This role could turn into a full-time position over time.
Please send resume & portfolio to Director of Marketing & Communications, Sarah MacDonald: Smacdonald@pharmacybrandscanada.com
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Expected start date: 2021-03-01